To support our team, we are looking for a motivated and committed
Third-party funded, with immediate effect, limited to 1 year, with option to extend
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Operation of our high-throughput laboratory, including laboratory processes and related administrative and safety tasks, such as (but not limited to) the following:
- General maintenance of laboratory operations.
- Operation of our high-throughput pipeline:
- DNA extraction and modification
- array (mainly Illumina EPIC array)
- RT-PCR (e.g. MethyLight) and digital PCR
- Processing of clinical samples.
- Compliance with all internal and external guidelines as well as health and safety guidelines.
- Regular communication with other members of the institute about developments, opportunities for improvement and risk management.
- Bachelor's degree in biology, biotechnology, biomedical analytics, or proven equivalent experience.
- Laboratory experience and good molecular biology skills.
- Independent, reliable and structured way of working.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Good English communication skills (oral and written).
- Higher degree in the above subjects (Master's degree preferred).
- Expertise and skills in (epigenetic and genetic) molecular biology techniques.
- Experience with databases, as well as working under ISO accreditation.
- Experience with high-throughput workflows and automation, e.g. liquid handling robots.
- Experience with digital PCR.
The position is located in a small, friendly laboratory team. This role is an excellent opportunity for a scientist or laboratory technician with experience in high-throughput technologies. We value team members who are able to work independently with a sense of initiative and a "Yes, we can" attitude. For more information about the EUTOPS Institute, please visit our website (www.eutops.institute).
This position as a project staff member will initially be awarded for one year with a minimum gross salary of € 2,709.60 / month (14x) at 40 h per week. Salary increases with work experience. In addition, the University of Innsbruck offers its employees many attractive additional benefits (https://www.uibk.ac.at/universitaet/zusatzleistungen/index.html.en).
Please send your application (including cover letter and resume) to Dr. Sara Sleigh at email@example.com. Formal applications should include a cover letter and resume. Informal inquiries can be directed to Prof. Martin Widschwendter at Martin.Widschwendter@uibk.ac.at.
The University of Innsbruck strives for a higher proportion of female employees and therefore actively promotes applications from qualified women, especially for scientific positions. In the event of underrepresentation, preference is given to women with equivalent qualifications.